Our Practice AreasWhat we Do Best
AC Legal Services can get you a better outcome than you could get on your own. We will present you with the options available for your situation so that you can make a more educated decision.
We Can Do it All
Whether you’re facing a specific legal issue or have questions that only a legal service practitioner can properly answer, AC Legal Services is here to help. At our Southern Ontario firm, we work hard to support our clients no matter the case at hand.
Small Claims Court
Handles claims up to $25,000.00, in areas such as :
- Slip and fall,
- Employment contracts
- Wrongful dismissal
- Contract disputes
- Unpaid invoices / Debt owed
Criminal Summary Convictions
Criminal offences with a maximum $5,000.00 fine, imprisonment of up to 6 months, or both). Such as:
- Indecent acts, public nudity, prostitution
- Causing disturbance, vagrancy, cruelty to animals assault, possession of a weapon, mischief regarding property
- Theft under $5,000 or possession of stolen property under $5,000
- Fraud, forgery, making false statements
Provincial Offences Act Infractions
- Offences under the Highway Traffic Act. Example: speeding
- Dog Owners Liability and
- Municipal By-law issues
Boards & Tribunals
- Landlord and Tenant Board – issues of rent (Wrongful evictions) and maintenance, etc.
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board – claims regarding workplace injuries.
- Ontario Human Rights Commission (OHRC)
- Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario
- Social Benefits Tribunal